Moms night out? Yes, please! What mom doesn’t deserve a fun-filled kid-free evening?
Recently I was on the auction committee for my son’s school fundraiser. I was asked to host a “sign-up party”, and knew I wanted to do something fun where I would be able to meet other moms.
What’s a “sign up” party you ask?
It is a party for a fundraising event typically at an auction.
*You plan and pay for the party typically with other co-hosts.
*The night of the auction people “sign up” and pay to come to your party.
*All the money raised goes towards the fundraiser; in this case for my son’s school. It’s a total win-win!
I really wanted to do something unique that also incorporated some friendly competition too. Taking selfies is fun, so adding a scavenger hunt to them adds excitement, and hopefully get some big laughs. Here are my fab co-hosts Holly and Lauren.
Here’s how the selfie scavenger hunt works:
- Determine a meeting spot at the mall. We met outside the interior entrance to Macy’s
- Distribute the top-secret list of selfies. (Check out my selfie card below)
- Select one teammate to use their phone for selfies.
- Ready, set, selfie time! The teams run off to get as many selfies as they can in 30 minutes.
- Determine the ending spot and collect selfie cards to determine the winning team.
The girls went all out. I was impressed by the number of selfies they took in 30 minutes. These mamas were determined!
Phase two of our moms night out was a trip to the bistro at Nordstrom to hear what’s hot for spring from Amber Kemp, the Nordstrom stylist. Check back next week for all the fun details, and to see what teams won the scavenger hunt.
Tell me, what was your favorite selfie? 🙂
Check out other moms night ideas here:
Swag Bag Party
Pumpkin Beer Tasting