Bissinger’s chocolate and a party – two of my favorite things! If you know me, you know I’m practically obsessed with Bissinger’s chocolate. Bissinger’s is a premium chocolate company located right here in St. Louis, and I was excited about the opportunity to partner with them. They supplied several different types of chocolate for a tasting bar for our recent brunch. I was thrilled to be able to partner with such a great company. Plus, when you love chocolate sharing is caring. 🙂
The Tasting Bar
I wanted to come up with a super special way to display the chocolate tasting bar so it would stand out and be the highlight of the event. I commissioned Gladly Designs to create this beautiful “Chocolate Tasting” sign to display. Then, I labeled each type of chocolate on the platter with a marker.
Five Types of Chocolate
Bissinger’s supplied us with the following drool-worthy types of chocolate and, you guys, the experience was decadent. These descriptions were taken directly from my contact at Bissinger’s because there’s no way I could describe them any better! They are:
- Coffee Toffee – Roasted coffee mingles with our signature 60% dark chocolate and topped with crunchy crumbles of almond toffee for a classic, robust coffee and chocolate flavor combination.
- Strawberry Caramel & Peanut – Savor the sweet perfection of ripe California strawberries, delicately pureed in creamy caramel and surrounded by rich chocolate. We add a sprinkling of chopped, roasted peanuts for a sophisticated take on a classic flavor combination.
- Caramelized Blood Orange Bar- While Bissinger’s has been crafting confections since the 1600s, we never stop innovating—and this decadent chocolate bar is a perfect example. The deep, dark blood orange caramel is perfectly balanced with a touch of rosemary to elevate the experience for a more sophisticated palate. Toasted hazelnuts and cocoa nibs add dimension and texture for a luxurious finish.
- 38% Milk Chocolate Bar – A milk chocolate lover’s dream. Crafted by master Chocolatiers, our proprietary milk chocolate offers a full chocolate flavor because, unlike other European milk chocolate recipes that use 32% cacao, ours boasts a 38% level. It’s a luxuriously creamy taste with soft caramel nuances for a lush, round tasting experience.
- Wine Grapes – Most wine grapes make their way into a bottle of wine, but a limited supply is reserved exclusively for this award-winning confection. Infused with Shiraz and covered in smooth, dark chocolate, each grape offers a burst of impeccable flavor: rich chocolate taste, accented by the finish of the smooth red wine.
Guests were invited to take notes on each type of chocolate as they tasted it, similar to a wine tasting.
Thank you to Bissinger’s for making this a sweet event. I had each person vote on their favorite chocolate, and the overwhelming crowd favorites were the Coffee Toffee and 38% Milk Chocolate Bar.
If you want to try any of these chocolates yourself or host your own tasting party, check them out online or head to one of their stores. You won’t be disappointed.
Did you know Bissinger’s also gives tours? They are so much fun, but make sure you reserve your spot.
For more party posts check them out here:
Swag bag party (favorite things)
Selfie Scavenger Hunt