Mom’s night out, Fashion talk
After the selfie scavenger hunt we went to the bistro at Nordstrom for a special spring trends presentation by Amber Kemp, the Nordstrom personal stylist.
Amber discussed two topics:
- Spring trends and pieces to add to your wardrobe
- A wardrobe staple checklist everyone should invest in.
If you have not shopped with Amber, you’re missing out. Her services at Nordstrom are totally free. She’s a major time-saver because when you work with her she’ll find out what you’re looking for ahead of time, and have everything ready for you in the fitting room.
If you love to shop (but don’t have the time), hate shopping or need help putting outfits together…Amber is your girl. I’d highly suggest booking an appointment. She assists people shopping for:
- Special events
- Finding seasonal updates,
- Entire wardrobe overhauls
- Work Trips
- Even help to find the perfect pair of denim.
You can even bring in pieces from home you don’t know how to wear, and she’ll help you. If you’re in the St Louis area, just call her to schedule an appointment: (314) 452-6589. Or you can reach her via email: Amber.R.Kemp@nordstrom.com
Amber talked about runway trends for spring that can be turned into wearable pieces for busy on-the-go moms. When added to a wardrobe, these items make for some fresh updates. In addition, she shared a short list of wardrobe staples everyone should invest in.
Here’s what’s hot for spring:
- Monochromatic- wearing the same color head-to-toe (all white, all black or all denim), and accessorizing with color.
- Pattern mixing- mixing up florals, gingham plaids, and stripes.
- A dramatic sleeve
- Sheer pieces
My favorite spring trends
Staple wardrobe pieces everyone should have:
- Classic blazer- perfect for work with a skirt or weekends with distressed jeans and pumps.
- White T-shirt- fitted so you can layer or a loose one if wearing alone.
- White jeans- lighter wash denim for spring, (try different pairs on to get a good fit and thickness).
- Long sleeve basic reversible t-shirt
- Bermuda shorts- substitute for what you would wear pants with. Also try with pumps in summer, or with a blazer.
- Denim jacket- always good to have both a fitted and loose one, depending on what you’re wearing.
Here are some of my favorite wardrobe staples here:
While Amber was updating us on spring trends and wardrobe staples we were sipping wine and indulging with our Bissingers gummy pandas. A big thank you to Nordstrom and Amber for orchestrating a fantastic talk and for the beauty bag and for Bissinger’s spoiling us with amazing sweet treats.
The winner of the selfie scavenger hunt were these two teams. Congratulations ladies! You win Nordstrom gift cards to do some shopping and Bissinger’s truffles. Enjoy.
What a fun night. I had so much fun meeting you all. What was your favorite part of the night? Who is ready for another Mom’s night out?
A big thanks to Amber Kemp for putting together an amazing presentation and our sponsors Nordstrom and Bissinger’s. I appreciate your generosity. All thoughts are my own. XOXO